The Integration of Church Planting and Leadership Training
The two major themes turning heads in the missions community are leadership training and church planting. A problem exists, however, in a lack of integration of these two major streams of mission. Church planting ministries are desperate for trained workers and Leadership Training Ministries are looking for places for their graduates to minister. Through a Strategic Partnerships between International Training & Education Network and Principle of 12 Project over 6,000 churches were estalished worldwide during 2005.
Church Planters Need to be Trained For…
- Assurance of a sound theological foundation for ministry
- An understanding of integrity and ethics needed for ministry
- Understanding of the Call of God on their life for ministry
- Quality of Leadership needed to plant sustaining churches in the nations
- Avoidance of frustration and burnout in ministry from lack of adequate training
- Impartation of the Vision of a worldwide ministry
International Training & Educational Network’s focus on local church based education positions itself to help bring integration between leadership training and church planting. The vision for church planting comes from hundreds of strong local churches I-TEN partners with, and who have a compatible vision to plant churches. Through I-TEN, church planters can be trained in the local setting. By working together we can see leaders trained and churches planted around the world.
For more information on planting churches, contact our VP for International Operations, Dr. Steve Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org (http://www.lighthouseoutreaches.net)
Are You Ready to Develop Leaders and Church Planters?
The next step is for you to start a School of Ministry, what we call a “Resource Center” to train your leaders. Are you ready?