Bachelor of Arts
Credit Hours: 120
Total Cost: $12,000.00
Prerequisites: High School Diploma or Equivelent
What’s the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Christian Studies Degree Program?
The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program is designed to prepare men and women for further academic study in a specialized field. The program differs from the Bachelor of Ministry (B.Min.) degree in that it is neither vocational nor pre-professional; rather, it is an academic degree designed to be a transitional program by which students may pursue further academic study at the graduate level. The degree is transitional, designed for students who have completed at least two years or up to 90 credit hours of undergraduate education in theology, ministry, or the humanities, either via Vision International University or another accredited college or university. The Bachelor of Arts degree program consists of 120 credit hours, 30 of which must be from Vision International University. The student must complete the five core courses and select the remainder from either the ministry specialization or General Education courses listed below. The student must possess a minimum of thirty credit hours in General Education to earn the Bachelor of Arts degree.
After completing the B.A. degree, you’ll be able to…
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of the Bible, Christian doctrines and ministry principles
- Apply concepts and principles drawn from a systematic and coherent body of knowledge in a wide range of day-to-day ministry situations, demonstrating appropriate communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the academic skills and abilities necessary to undertake research, and to comprehend and evaluate new information, concepts and evidence from a range of sources
- Demonstrate the ability to review, consolidate, extend and use the knowledge, comprehension, and academic skills developed in the program
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and teamwork skills, appropriate to academic scholarship and/or further study
- Demonstrate the skills required to answer questions and address problems related to Christian life and doctrine and to many spiritual, personal and relational issues relevant to life and ministry in church and para church settings
- Continue the process of effective lifelong learning
Why you’ll need to complete General Education…
The General Education requirements of the program are designed to provide the student with a diverse educational experience in the Liberal Arts, producing not only an effective Christian scholar, but a world citizen. The General Education curriculum provides students with a functional understanding of the humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences/mathematics, and computers by illustrating how the various disciplines investigate the totality of knowledge, the means used to acquire and organize it, and the ways in which disciplines interrelate with each other. The outcomes of General Education courses are the acquisition of knowledge across the primary academic disciplines and the development of skills for critical and creative thinking. Upon completion of the required General Education, the student will be able to:
- Think independently and critically in solving problems.
- Communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Identify scientific influences which affect their role as a world citizen
- Identify historical, cultural and social influences which affect their role as a world citizen
- Demonstrate an active concern for the problems of humanity through service and concern for others
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural, social, religious and linguistic differences
- Participate as a world citizen and demonstrate the responsibility world citizens share for their common global future
To ensure broad coverage of content, a minimum number of credit hours must be obtained for each of the five areas of study listed below:
- Humanities – 6 credit hours
- Fine Arts – 3 credit hours
- Social and Behavioral Science – 6 credit hours
- Natural Science and Mathematics – 6 credit hours
- Computer Skills – 3 credit hours
Vision International University will accept transfer of general education courses to satisfy the general education requirement if the proffered course:
- Was taken at an accredited college or university
- Was completed with a minimum grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale).